Belmont Printing Company


About Us
Contact Us
Glossary of Terms







This glossary contains printing terms that may be of interest as well as help to you in completing your next project.



Washup:   Removing inks from a press, washing the rollers and blanket. Some colors require multiple washups to avoid ink &/or chemical contamination.
Waste:   A term for planned spoilage.
Watermark:   A distinctive design created in paper at the time of manufacture that can be easily seen by holding the paper up to a light.
Web:   A roll of printing paper.
Web press:   The name of a type of presses that print from rolls of paper.
Wire O:   Mechanical binding using double loops of wire through a hole. Allows material to lie flat.
With the grain:   Folding or feeding paper into the press or folder parallel to the grain of the paper.
Work and tumble:   Printing one side of a sheet and turning it over from the gripper to the tail to print the second side using the same side guide and plate for the second side.
Work and turn:   Printing one side of a sheet and turning it over from left to right using the same side guides and plate for the second side.
Wove paper:   A paper having a uniform unlined surface with a smooth finish



  Latest News:

Be sure to choose Belmont Printing for your upcoming printing needs.


Our e-Commerce powered by Print Cafe is now available to be branded especially for you.

Order Your Wedding Invitations On-Line





horizontal rule

Home ] About Us ] Products ] Services ] Contact Us ] Glossary of Terms ]


Belmont Printing Company

46 Brighton Street

Belmont, Massachusetts 02478

Copyright 2003 Belmont Printing Company